Increasing your Chances of Success for Getting Disability Benefits in Pennsylvania or New Jersey
You significantly improve your chances of recovering if you receive medical care for all physical and/or psychiatric impairments.
It is imperative that your treating physicians be supportive of your application since it will significantly increase your chances of being successful.
It is important that you apply for benefits as soon as you think you may be eligible. The importance of applying as soon as possible is that the process is often long and arduous and can take a significant period of time. In addition, you should have all necessary paperwork, i.e.,
- birth certificate,
- tax returns,
- name and phone numbers of health providers,
- employment related tax records, at the time of your initial application.
Considerations for Increasing the Chance of Success for Your SSI SSDI Application
1. Make sure your forms are as complete as possible. When completing your application, it is important that you list:
- all impairments
- all providers
- a complete list of medications.
Do not minimize your impairments. Always give a full description of your total medical and/or psychiatric problems and limitations.
- If you receive an unfavorable decision, it is important that you contact an attorney immediately. Please remember that most people are not granted benefits initially.
- Treat; Treat; Treat! Remember, when you are applying for benefits, a decision is rendered based on both your subjective complaints as well as your medical documentation. You significantly improve your chances of recovering if you receive medical care for all physical and/or psychiatric impairments. Not only is it beneficial for your claim, but it is beneficial for your physical and mental well-being!
- Discuss with your doctors whether they will be supportive of your claim. Remember, it will not only be necessary for your doctors to submit their treatment records but we will ask them at a future date to complete a form pertaining to your ability to perform gainful employment on a continuous and sustained basis. Additionally, it is important that if you have an impairment of an unusual nature, that you see a doctor who specializes in the treatment of that type of problem. The Administration will give greater consideration to specialists’ conclusions than those of a family practitioner.
ALL CASES ARE OVERSEEN BY FORMER SOCIAL SECURITY LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES
Before coming to Young, Marr & Associates, our SSD attorneys worked for the SSA which gives us an advantage over attorneys who have never dealt directly with the internal SSA system. We know the process is difficult – your job is to get better, and our job is to make sure you get the disability you deserve.
Chances are you are preoccupied dealing with a painful illness. You are concerned about your financial future, about how you will get by without a steady source of income.
Read what our clients have to say about us.
“I have already recommended Paul Young numerous times. He was honest, explained endlessly in terms that were understandable. Paul Young guided me through the process from beginning consultation to the end of case. Highly satisfied and grateful for his expertise.”