West Chester, PA Criminal Defense Lawyer
In Pennsylvania criminal charges can result in serious penalties that can impact your rights and deprive you of your freedom. Anytime your freedom is at stake, an experienced and determined attorney make the difference between a favorable outcome and facing serious penalties. Combined the attorneys of young, Marr & Associates have handled over 10,000 cases in a wide variety of criminal practice areas. Our experience allows us to understand the things that you are going through emotionally and help you better understand the process to reduce your anxiety. Further, our experience allows us to offer clear guidance and a tactical legal strategy to defend you.
Our West Chester, PA criminal defense attorneys are known and respected in Pennsylvania and nationally. CNN, Time magazine, and Court TV all featured our partner, Mr. Marr, for his role in securing a dismissal of all criminal charges of the Bucks County Bread Squeezer. Further, Mr. Marr brings unique insights to criminal defense matters as a former Senior District Attorney. Another of our attorneys is a former Assistant District Attorney with extensive experience in criminal matters.
Cases Our West Chester Criminal Defense Attorneys Handle
Our attorneys are experienced in handling both felonies and misdemeanors in Pennsylvania. We can provide representation for a number of charges including for:
- Weapons Charges — While the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution enshrines a right to bear arms, this right is not without limits. If you have been charged with illegal gun, shotgun, or firearm possession we can defend your 2nd Amendment rights.
- Assault — Assault in one of the most common crimes in Pennsylvania and nation-wide. Simple assault is the knowing or negligent attempt to inflict physical harm. Additionally simple assault can be charged if you put someone in fear of imminent physical injury.
- Manslaughter – Manslaughter can be charged when there is an illegal killing of another person, but there was not intent or other circumstances required for a murder charge.
- Murder – If the evidence regarding the killing of another human being shows that there was intent to kill or premeditation, a murder charge may be made. Further, if the killing occurred during a felony or an attempted felony a murder charge can result
- DUI – Numerous changes have been made to Pennsylvania’s DUI law throughout the 2000s. While the legal limit for drunk driving has been reduced to .08% BAC, first-time offenders no longer face an automatic license suspension. Repeat offenders however do face mandatory 12 month license suspensions and mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device.
- White Collar Crimes – the common element that links white collar crimes is that t hey are all a scheme or plan that relies on failure to disclose or misrepresentations to make money. Essentially, white collar crimes are fraudulent schemes like credit card fraud, insurance fraud, forgery, insider trading, and more
- Drugs – If you have been charged with possession of marijuana in Pennsylvania you could face up to 1 year in jail if the amount was less than 30 grams. Cultivation of up to 1,000 pounds of marijuana can result in serving up to 5 years in prison and paying up to $5,000 in fines. Charges for other Schedule 1 street drugs like cocaine and heroin can carry even more severe penalties.
- Domestic Violence — While domestic violence itself is not a crime, crimes such as assault or battery when committed against a family or household member can be considered domestic violence. We can defend you from these charges and potentially abusive PFAs.
West Chester, PA Criminal Defense Attorneys Fighting for You
Our attorneys protect you from these criminal charges and more by providing determined and strategic defense. While we often work to negotiate a plea deal, if the outcome of the negotiation is unsuccessful we are always prepared to bring your matter to trial.
If you are facing serious criminal charges in Pennsylvania, the experience and guidance of an attorney can be invaluable. Call us at (215) 701-6519 in Pennsylvania today to schedule your free and confidential case consultation with an experienced West Chester, PA criminal lawyer. You can also request a consultation by contacting us online.