West Chester, PA Criminal Defense Lawyer
In Pennsylvania criminal charges can result in serious penalties that can impact your rights and deprive you of your freedom. Anytime your freedom is at stake, an experienced and determined attorney make the difference between a favorable outcome and facing serious penalties. Combined the attorneys of young, Marr & Associates have handled over 10,000 cases in a wide variety of criminal practice areas. Our experience allows us to understand the things that you are going through emotionally and help you better understand the process to reduce your anxiety. Further, our experience allows us to offer clear guidance and a tactical legal strategy to defend you.
Our West Chester, PA criminal defense attorneys are known and respected in Pennsylvania and nationally. CNN, Time magazine, and Court TV all featured our partner, Mr. Marr, for his role in securing a dismissal of all criminal charges of the Bucks County Bread Squeezer. Further, Mr. Marr brings unique insights to criminal defense matters as a former Senior District Attorney. Another of our attorneys is a former Assistant District Attorney with extensive experience in criminal matters.
Cases Our West Chester Criminal Defense Attorneys Handle
Our attorneys are experienced in handling both felonies and misdemeanors in Pennsylvania. We can provide representation for a number of charges including for:
- Weapons Charges — While the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution enshrines a right to bear arms, this right is not without limits. If you have been charged with illegal gun, shotgun, or firearm possession we can defend your 2nd Amendment rights.
- Assault — Assault in one of the most common crimes in Pennsylvania and nation-wide. Simple assault is the knowing or negligent attempt to inflict physical harm. Additionally simple assault can be charged if you put someone in fear of imminent physical injury.
- Manslaughter – Manslaughter can be charged when there is an illegal killing of another person, but there was not intent or other circumstances required for a murder charge.
- Murder – If the evidence regarding the killing of another human being shows that there was intent to kill or premeditation, a murder charge may be made. Further, if the killing occurred during a felony or an attempted felony a murder charge can result
- DUI – Numerous changes have been made to Pennsylvania’s DUI law throughout the 2000s. While the legal limit for drunk driving has been reduced to .08% BAC, first-time offenders no longer face an automatic license suspension. Repeat offenders however do face mandatory 12 month license suspensions and mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device.
- White Collar Crimes – the common element that links white collar crimes is that t hey are all a scheme or plan that relies on failure to disclose or misrepresentations to make money. Essentially, white collar crimes are fraudulent schemes like credit card fraud, insurance fraud, forgery, insider trading, and more
- Drugs – If you have been charged with possession of marijuana in Pennsylvania you could face up to 1 year in jail if the amount was less than 30 grams. Cultivation of up to 1,000 pounds of marijuana can result in serving up to 5 years in prison and paying up to $5,000 in fines. Charges for other Schedule 1 street drugs like cocaine and heroin can carry even more severe penalties.
- Domestic Violence — While domestic violence itself is not a crime, crimes such as assault or battery when committed against a family or household member can be considered domestic violence. We can defend you from these charges and potentially abusive PFAs.
West Chester, PA Criminal Defense Attorneys Fighting for You
Our attorneys protect you from these criminal charges and more by providing determined and strategic defense. While we often work to negotiate a plea deal, if the outcome of the negotiation is unsuccessful we are always prepared to bring your matter to trial.
If you are facing serious criminal charges in Pennsylvania, the experience and guidance of an attorney can be invaluable. Call us at (215) 701-6519 in Pennsylvania today to schedule your free and confidential case consultation with an experienced West Chester, PA criminal lawyer. You can also request a consultation by contacting us online.
NO JAIL TIME
Commonwealth v. "H" (DUI case)
Client was charged with three separate DUI cases calling for mandatory minimum imprisonment of 90 days on each case. Client was advised to seek immediate intensive alcohol counseling. Client was sentenced to 1 year of house arrest after serving 3 days in the county prison.
Commonwealth v. "C" (Felony drug/Firearms case)
Client was charged with felony Delivery of drugs and illegal gun possession and was facing a mandatory 3-6 year prison sentence in the State prison system. Client was sentenced to one year of house arrest.
Commonwealth v. "S"
Client was charged with simple assault, domestic. After a hearing where evidence and testimony was presented, the entire case was dismissed by Judge Leonard Brown.
State of New Jersey v. "H"
Charges for young man charged with second degree aggravated assault were downgraded to third degree and he was accepted into the County Pretrial Intervention program with charges to be dismissed and record expunged after one year of misconduct free behavior.
OUR CRIMINAL DEFENSE TEAM INCLUDES TWO FORMER DISTRICT ATTORNEYS
We have decades of experience dealing with local police departments, prosecutors, and judges throughout southeastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Anyone facing charges involving a criminal offense can expect to experience a heightened degree of emotional turmoil, for themselves, as well as their family members. Our team of highly qualified criminal law attorneys and expert legal support staff are committed to providing each of our client’s with the compassion and understanding they deserve, as well as an aggressive plan for representation at an affordable price.
As former prosecutors, we have a balanced and in-depth understanding of the criminal justice system and how the prosecution prepares cases. In addition, we have long-standing experience dealing with local police departments, prosecutors and judges throughout southeastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
At Young, Marr and Associates, when we say “experience matters,” we mean it. Our lawyers, which include two former prosecutors and a former senior deputy district attorney bring more than three decades of criminal law experience, handling more than 10,000 criminal cases. It is precisely that experience that allows us to achieve outstanding results for our clients facing DUI, traffic, felony and misdemeanor charges in state, federal and juvenile courts.